Unmanned aerial vehicles or drones have gained immense popularity in the last couple of decades, and their useful applications have increased manifold. Drones are currently revolutionizing the field of logistics, content creation, warfare, surveying, etc. Each and every drone that’s currently airborne comes equipped with a wide array of sensors and radars that take these drones to the next level. Each UAV sensors play a critical role in its operability and automation and boost its functionality that much further. Here, we will be taking a look at the various sensor systems that are developed by the ugcs enterprise that aims to enhance and diversify the jobs that these drones can perform. So, let’s start
Diversity of UAV Sensors
Just like aircraft, drones are extremely complex pieces of machinery that require a lot of sensors to perform several specialized functions. Some of these specialized sensors are
- UAV bathymetry system- One of the most important applications of drones is their usage in mapping and survey missions. There are several geographical locations and conditions that make a physical survey for humans literally impossible. This is where drones come in. With their advanced sensors and systems, they can efficiently perform survey missions like undertaking bathymetry. There are several benefits that drone-based bathymetry furnish, such as
- One of the primary benefits of using drones for bathymetry is that they can easily access hard-to-reach places and execute the mission with ease. While humans would struggle to access the waterfront or go upstream a river, drones can do them without breaking a sweat, be it lakes, rivers, streams, reservoirs, gorges, etc.
- While it may take a team of professionals several hours to reach the location on foot, a drone can do this at a much faster pace. According to studies, drones can gather bathymetric data 10 times faster than humans physically can.
- Several lakes, canals, and waterfalls are located in potentially hazardous locations. Accessing these physically can prove to be potentially risky, sometimes even fatal. Drones can prove to be a much safer alternative in such cases. Not only would they be able to access these locations easily but also won’t be risking human life in doing so.
- Drones can execute bathymetric missions with the utmost accuracy since they are very easy to fly and can be programmed to follow a certain path or stream, something that they would seamlessly do.
As components of a drone-based bathymetry system, the most important sensors that any drone would need to call on are the ground penetrating radars and echo sounders.
- UAV search and inspection sonar- Drones can be used extensively for sonar inspection missions and truth be told, they are pretty good at it as well. The various advantages that drones provide in this role are as follows
- They can be deployed from a site that is pretty far away from the waterline, thereby reducing risks.
- The drone can be manually controlled during missions that require precision and rapid flying.
- These sonar drones can help save a lot of time since they can be assembled on spot pretty quickly.
- These drones are highly customizable and can be modified accordingly to suit specific mission requirements.
- The drones feature a sophisticated connected system that enables seamless data export via UgCS software.
- The sonar operations can be carried out in real-time, with divers and boats gaining useful insight from the drones that help them navigate treacherous waters.
The attachment usually comes as a pack from ugcs enterprise. This pack can be attached to third-party drones that can then execute the sonar mission with precision and ease.
- Airborne metal detector- In the business of mining and security, detecting metals and metallic objects is key. These missions can get pretty risky, expensive, and time-consuming for humans, but for drones, this is a breeze. Let’s see why
- These drones can reach areas that are off-limits to humans. Several mines are located in extremely remote and treacherous areas. While it can take humans hours to reach that spot, taking on great risks, drones can do it efficiently without breaking a sweat.
- Precision is one of the key qualities that are necessary for metal detection, and drones do not disappoint in that respect. With ugcs enterprise providing the best UAV sensors, these drones can be upgraded to be metal detecting behemoths.
- These sensors are extremely advanced and can be effectively used to segregate between different metals that may be discovered.
- One of the best things about using drones for metal detection is that they can detect even the smallest of metallic objects, something that can easily evade the human eye.
- The drone systems can interpret the data generated in real time and relay the feedback to the inspectors and pilots. These would improve workflow immensely.
One of the most crucial pieces of equipment that are required to execute a proper metal detecting mission is a good quality terrain-following radar.
Drones are here to stay and they are taking over the world by storm. As their uses continue to rise, they will certainly get more and more advanced. If you are someone who is looking to use drones and UAVs for surveying or mapping, all you really need to do is pick up a suitable drone, perhaps a phantom or a matrice, couple it up with the right ugcs enterprise software, and you would be good to go.