France is regarded not only for being the home of the city of love and lights but also for having an exceptional education that provides an in-depth understanding of disciplines.
The following are some of the reasons why you should consider obtaining a master’s degree in data science in France:
- Numerous Programs: International students can enroll in both taught and research master’s programs in France, giving them a wide range of alternatives.
- Top Universities: The QS World University Rankings 2022 place 30 French universities among the top 100 universities worldwide.
- Financial Aid: Indian students can apply for over 500 French scholarships. The French Foreign Ministry offers a range of scholarships to international students. In the context of Eiffel, the Ministry directly funds 25% of these scholarships for Master’s or Doctoral level studies.
- Job Opportunities: In important areas, France has some of the world’s top corporations for Data Science Jobs, including finance (BNP Paribas and AXA), aerospace (EADS), luxury (LVMH and Kering), tourism (Accor), automotive (Renault-Nissan, PSA, and Michelin), and retail (Carrefour).
Master’s Admissions Process in France
The application process for master’s programs at French universities is straightforward. The majority of French colleges accept international students based on basic entrance standards, as well as a test or interview.
Some universities have their own admissions tests that must be completed in order to be considered for admission. In addition, overseas students may be expected to have both English and French fluency, depending on the requirements of their selected university or institution. Universities normally respond with an admissions decision within 4-6 weeks.
- GMAT / GRE Requirement: Most colleges in France that offer master’s programs to international students do not require a GMAT/ GRE score. These scores, on the other hand, can significantly help an applicant’s admissions application.
- English Language Requirement: While competence in French is optional at most universities, proficiency in English is unquestionably required. The following are the acceptable English language proficiency scores:
- TOEFL iBT: 71
- TOEFL PBT: 530
- IELTS: 6.0-7.0
- TOEIC: 810
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable and well-known university is required.
- Some universities may demand work experience.
Tuition fees and living expenses are included in the cost of attending a Master’s program in Data Science and Machine Learning France. Depending on the colleges, overseas tuition for various master’s programs in France might cost up to EUR 50,000. The following are the tuition fees and living costs in France:
Accommodation, meals, books, and supplies, as well as any connected costs, are included in the cost of living.
|Expenses||Cost/ month (in EUR)|
|Food and meals||200|
Most French master’s programs provide overseas students with a variety of financial aid alternatives, including scholarships, bursaries, and student loans. Scholarships are the most well-known financial help among them, as they are generally chosen by students and are easily available by each university.
Some university scholarships for master’s studies in France are listed below:
|University||Scholarship||Eligibility||Amount (in EUR)|
|HEC Paris||Eiffel Excellence Scholarship||International students (not more than 25 years) pursuing master’s or Ph.D. in France.||Monthly allowance of 1,181 One international return ticket Social security + cultural activities.|
|Skema Business School||Masters of Science Excellence Scholarships||International students pursuing MSc||Up to 4,100|
|Ecole Polytechnique||International Excellence Scholarships||International students studying at Ecole Polytechnique||Variable|
International students can apply for scholarships and awards granted by the French Embassy, the French government, and other organizations in addition to those offered by specific colleges. Some of the scholarships that are available are as follows:
- French government scholarships
- Excellence major scholarships
- “Make our planet great” scholarships
After completing a master’s degree in France, students typically pursue a Ph.D. because there is a lot of financial help available, and France also provides fully-funded Ph.D. degrees to international students, with certain universities additionally granting stipends.
The top French institutions for master’s programs provide students placement chances in France in a variety of sectors, with an average pay of 50,000 EUR per year, for students who want to make a career out of their degrees.
Following graduating from one of France’s best colleges, some of the top recruiters include:
- Boston Consulting Group
- Oddo BHF
- Puma Energy
- Hermes Paris
- Bain & Company
With exceptionally high criteria for PG education, masters entrance in France can be a little challenging, but not impossible. Every year, France welcomes roughly 200,000 international students and is known for its high return on investment (ROI) as well as an exceptional educational system that delivers industrial knowledge as well as a welcoming environment for international students.
After completing their master’s degree programs, international students can benefit from scholarships and excellent work chances in France.